Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Speaking Life: 7 Affirmations for Prosperity

Every morning, just after my eyes have adjusted to the morning, and my mind has started to come out of the fog of Sleepyland, I start to focus my mind. What will the day bring, I wonder?

Although I don't know exactly how it will end, I do know I have control over how it begins. For me, my best days start off with the focal point of an affirmation.

AFFIRMATION [af·firm·a·tion] - [ˌafərˈmāSH(ə)n]

(NOUN)

def: the action or process of affirming something or being affirmed
synonyms: declaration - statement - assertion - proclamation

To put it another way, affirmations are short statements or assertions creating a positive sense of outlook, direction, peace, courage, joy, etc. These statements - although seemingly small - are very powerful when used regularly to adjust your focus and keep your mindset positive and productive.

Below are seven of my favorite affirmations, offered here for you to decide if you'd like to implement them in your daily routine, too. One note before we begin: I call them "affirmations for prosperity" NOT because they are all about money - far from it. I believe TRUE prosperity is so much more than the amount of money in your bank account; a truly prosperous person has balance in their relationships, is joyful in their daily interactions, feels fulfilled in the work they do, and has a positive outlook and vision for their future. If all those things are in place, financial prosperity usually flows into the picture, too. 

And now, the affirmations.
Affirmation #1:
I have limitless confidence in my abilities

My prosperity depends on my belief in my own abilities. If I do not have confidence in myself, I won't take the chance on a new opportunity or business option. If I have confidence in who I am and my ability to accomplish tasks suited to my strengths, I will be more likely to step out try new things, which could lead to wonderful successes and experiences.

Affirmation #2:
I choose to experience life in a positive way

No matter how life is going, I have the option of experiencing it in a positive way. Even if I am not financially as prosperous as I would like to be, I can experience my current level of financial success in a positive way. I can choose to see all the blessings I already have, instead of focusing on the things I need or want which I don't currently possess. In changing my outlook to one of positive experience, my attitude informs my actions, and I will have the right mindset when the right opportunity comes along which offers a great financial increase.


Affirmation #3:
I abandon old negative habits, 
and instead take up new, positive ones

When I take stock of my life, as I regularly do, I can evaluate my current habits and determine whether they are serving me well, or inhibiting my grown and development. If I find a habit to be a cause of stress, dis-ease or aggravation, I choose to put it aside in favor of a new, positive action. 

 
Affirmation #4:
I am in charge of my life's direction

It is empowering, indeed, to realize that I and I, alone, am in charge of my life's direction. I can choose to move forward at whatever pace I determine, if I keep a positive attitude and an energetic enthusiasm. Conversely, I can choose to move backwards if I focus on negativity. I choose, every day, to be focused in a positive way on where my life is going. I make good life choices, and my life moves in directions of blessing and advancement.

Affirmation #5:
I am blessed to be a blessing

When blessings come my way - and I am blessed every day! - I remind myself that I am meant to be a blessing to others. When I am a blessing to those around me, be they friend or stranger, I receive blessing, too. Blessing others gives me joy, and offers me a sense of peace from doing good for another person. I remember the old saying, "Burdens shared are halved; blessings shared are doubled."

Affirmation #6:
I am no longer available to negative thoughts and fears

I have closed my mind and my heart to the possibility of negativity or fear taking up residence. I am no longer available to the over-dramatic, life-draining thoughts of extreme negativity and the fears that accompany them. Instead, I think positive thoughts and replace my fears with faith.  




Affirmation #7:
I am limited only by my vision of what is possible

When I think of my future, and contemplate where I want to be in six months, a year, three years, I see only positive outcomes. I remember that my future is limited only by what I "see" to be possible. If I look at my future and say "I'll never be able to do that", the despair becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy, and I will certainly never attain that goal. If, however, I can look with eyes which see the positive outcome before the rest of the world believes it is even a possibility, then my vision will be a driving force for good in my mental conditioning. Proper mental conditioning helps get me to the place where that positive vision is a beautiful reality.

Affirmations are a wonderful way to begin a day, and to maintain a positive, focused outlook all week long. Try these affirmations this week, and move ever faster towards the fulfillment of your biggest dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment